"Four Good Days" (2021) A long-estranged mother and daughter navigate the most difficult four days of their lives together in a heartbreaking and hopeful story based on real-life events. Starring: Mila Kunis, Glenn Close, Stephen Root Directed by: Rodrigo García Release Date: In theaters on 4/30/21 and on VOD 5/21/2
"one: The Documentary" (2020) Prime Video
Addiction…incarceration…family trauma. We’ve become a culture that enshrines pain, at the same time offering it as entertainment. But how can we go beyond the seductive reality show narrative of shattered lives? How can we find the missing pieces that will allow us to heal and transcend? ONE is a powerful visually arresting film that explores the elusive bridge between the broken and the unbreakable. Using the words of the great Zen scholar Alan Watts, the filmmakers link hardcore devastation to a powerful awareness of our deeper humanity.
"Ben is Back" (2018)
Ben Is Back is a 2018 American drama film written and directed by Peter Hedges and starring Julia Roberts, Lucas Hedges (son of the film's director), and Courtney B. Vance. The plot follows a mother who tries to help her addict son after he returns home from rehab.
"Beautiful Boy" (2018) Parent
Based on the best-selling pair of memoirs from father and son David and Nic Sheff, Beautiful Boy chronicles the heartbreaking and inspiring experiences of survival, relapse, and recovery in a family coping with addiction over many years.
- The Nar-Anon Family Groups are a worldwide fellowship for those affected by someone else's addiction. As a twelve step program, we offer our help by sharing out experience, strength, and hope.
- Find a Meeting
- Help and Hope for Family and Friends of Alcoholics
- Find a Meeting - The Akron Area Al-Anon Family Group site
- The Well Support Group
- Hope United hosts a grief support group to cope with the loss of a loved one to addiction.
- Meetings: Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 6:30 - 8pm at Crossview Church (737 George Washington Blvd., Akron Ohio 44312)
- Contact Shelly at 330-414-5960 or Shelly@HopeUnited.Life
- Families Facing Addiction
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays of month at Norton Grace Church 6:45-8:15pm 1st and 3rd Saturdays of month at The Block- Christ Community Chapel Hudson 9:30am Christian support for families struggling with addiction
- Navigating Addiction & Treatment - A Guide for Families
- Generations United (kinship) - "Because We're Stronger Together"
- Cover2 Resources - "PPT Podcasts" - People, Places & Things to help fight the opiate epidemic.
- Rachel's Angels
A drug epidemic is upon us. We are all becoming touched by it in some way. It must stop. However, physicians can not treat the epidemic to an end point. The only way to stop children from entering the drug world is through anti-drug education. We can make an impact by spreading the word among children, parents, teachers, administrators and government.
- Families of Addicts - To educate, empower and embrace families, friends and individuals struggling with addiction by providing support and promoting recovery.