"Beautiful Boy" (2018) Parent
Based on the best-selling pair of memoirs from father and son David and Nic Sheff, Beautiful Boy chronicles the heartbreaking and inspiring experiences of survival, relapse, and recovery in a family coping with addiction over many years.
Baffled By Addiction
Thurman Edward Hughes & Ronald R Turner
The Power of the Praying Parent
The Joey Song
Moments for Families with Prodigals
Robert J. Morgan
Storms in the Desert
Save Me from Myself
Brian Head Welch
To Hell and Back
Graphics by Joey's mom...…(loss)
- The Nar-Anon Family Groups are a worldwide fellowship for those affected by someone else's addiction. As a twelve step program, we offer our help by sharing out experience, strength, and hope.
- Find a Meeting
- Help and Hope for Family and Friends of Alcoholics
- Find a Meeting - The Akron Area Al-Anon Family Group site
- The Well Support Group
- Hope United hosts a grief support group to cope with the loss of a loved one to addiction.
- Meetings: Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 6:30 - 8pm at Crossview Church (737 George Washington Blvd., Akron Ohio 44312)
- Contact Shelly at 330-414-5960 or Shelly@HopeUnited.Life
- Families Facing Addiction
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays of month at Norton Grace Church 6:45-8:15pm 1st and 3rd Saturdays of month at The Block- Christ Community Chapel Hudson 9:30am Christian support for families struggling with addiction
- Rachel's Angels
A drug epidemic is upon us. We are all becoming touched by it in some way. It must stop. However, physicians can not treat the epidemic to an end point. The only way to stop children from entering the drug world is through anti-drug education. We can make an impact by spreading the word among children, parents, teachers, administrators and government.